Hey there! I’m Karmen.
Most days you can find me working away in my cozy office, photographing amazing brands and people or adventuring with my precious family. My life, quite honestly, just would not be complete without these three elements.
I am known for my storytelling lifestyle photography; with a focus on brand photography, creative portraits and boudoir photography. I have such a huge passion for sharing the strength, diversity and beauty of women. Whether that be by helping a female entrepreneur strengthen her online presence with brand-driven images, capturing meaningful intimate portraits or documenting her love story. It’s all about telling her visual story.
I started Karmen Meyer Photography back in 2009 after earning a diploma in Photographic Technology and haven’t looked back! Since then, I have worked with so many incredible clients, been featured in multiple online and print publications, as well as, having photographs in numerous art galleries and winning several awards. Running this business has truly been a work of heart, and I cannot imagine myself doing anything else!
When I am not busy crafting images for clients, you can probably find me snuggling my daughters, plotting my next trip, admiring nature or working on some sort of DIY project (can’t stop, won’t stop!).
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me.
1. I am the oldest of 10 kids. 7 sisters and 2 brothers!
2. The first solo trip I ever went on, was to photograph a caravan travelling across 6 African countries from Kenya to South Africa.
3. I moved back to my hometown of Lacombe, Alberta in 2013 and much to my surprise, I absolutely love it. But, I’d give it all up to live by the ocean if an opportunity presented itself!
4. I’m a believer that love always wins.
5. I recently became a capsule wardrobe enthusiast!
Whew, still here? Questions!? Let’s connect! Send me an email, I would love to hear from you: email@example.com